Acknowledgments

I've been writing and speaking about native plants, ecosystem-inspired landscaping, and wildlife-friendly gardening for quite a few years now, and I want to acknowledge that many of the posts appearing in these pages will draw on my previous work. There's no copyright infringement, as I will only be copying myself. But it's only fair to acknowledge publications and organizations that have supported my work in the past. These include Terrain.org: A Journal of the Built & Natural Environments, which published one of my favorite essays, and Northwest Garden News, a monthly newspaper whose publisher and editor, the lovely Mary Gutierrez, was nice enough to let me be a columnist for several years. Organizations that have allowed me to speak include the Washington Native Plant Society, countless gardening clubs, and Molbak's Nursery in Woodinville, WA.
I also want to acknowledge friends from whom I learned most of what I know about "wild" gardening, especially Russell Link, author of Landscaping for Wildlife in the Pacific Northwest, and Brett ("Greenman") Johnson, who is by far the most knowledgeable plantsman I have ever known; if you live in the Seattle area and want plants or consulting services, please let me put you in touch with him.

No comments: